tisdag 1 mars 2011

cause and effect.

för alla som är vetandes. en sång om allt som aldrig borde hänt.



I was 10 the first time,
I really wanted to die
I remember the road,
and the lights.

Cause by then, you could forget,
trying to hide, under your bed,
closing your eyes, and saying a prayer.

it was over, by the time that I was ten, but,
it's all more, than, I would want to remember
and they say, to forgive and forget
oh they say, to forgive, to forget


Every other Thursday,
I'd beg mama, not to make me
I cried so hard, that I, forgot,
how to breathe,
but I never said, anything.

Cause by then,
I had heard, her scream,
and I had watched him, make her bleed,
so we both made believe, I'd be alright
How could she ever think, I'd be alright?

I still hear the radio, it's playing
in the background,
I see that light pink, velvet, couch,
and remember what it felt like
those black and white, bathroom tiles,
and the door in sight, but no way out

yes, I can hear the sound,
of Marley in the background,
see the wallpaper, and I,
remember what it smelled like

Oh I know, I must have been a child,
cause there's a barbiedoll, and comicbooks
but, I don't recall, being her
I just, remember, growing up.

I was too young to know,
that it's wrong to hold,
a little girl so very close
and they say, to forgive and forget
oh they say forgive and forget

As soon as I got back,
I always took a bath,
cause it's not just the smoke,
that lingers on your clothes,
(drown it, wash him, away)

Sundays I went silent,
I thought, that I could forget,
as long as I just didn't think
(but some things stay on your skin)

I can hear the sound, of steps in the night,
and a bed, that wasn't ment, for two,
the mist in his eyes, and whiskey,
on his breath, oh, I still can't take,
that shade, of blue.

It was over, by the time that I was ten, but,
it's all more, than I would want to remember
I was too young to know, that it's wrong to hold,
a little girl so very close

and they say to forgive and forget
oh I wont forgive and forget
cause it´'s not over
it's still there inside my head and
it's all more than I would want to remember
but I won't forgive, can't forget

I was 10 the first time,
I wanted to die,
I remember the road,
and the lights.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar